IMMEDIATE START!CAMPBELLFIELD VIC 3061Manufacturing Precious Metal(Casual with a view to permanent)About the position:
The position entails repetitive process work in various jobs/tasks and is suitable for a person that likes to be "hands on" with petite materials. This position also involves working with machinery and hand tools.
Experience in a similar position or working with precious metals in a manufacturing environment will help you secure this position however, full training will be provided for the right candidate due to the nature of the job role and industry.
Working within a strict COVID Safe working environment, you must be proactive and flexible and be able to interpret and follow any instructions from Management where reasonably practicable.
Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Check, inspect and control equipment and machinery that produces the product and ensure a clean, tidy and organised work space.
- Follow Safe Operating Procedures at all times and ensure all procedures are followed correctly and accurately, taking initiative when necessary.
- Report any faults to Management and assist with problem solving of issues with machinery or devices if problems arise within the production procedures.
- Ensure that the production line has a regular supply of materials by being responsible for achieving production targets and ensuring on time delivery.
- Assemble products with hand tools on the production line.
- Carry out quality and testing checks throughout all processes of the production line.
- Store goods, equipment and materials properly and safely in the workplace.
- Use equipment safely and correctly to ensure all OH&S procedures and policies are adhered to.
- Assist with picking and packing of products and ensure correct labelling of manufactured goods for distribution where required.
- Report any hazards or risks to Management and ensure a safe working environment for yourself and other employees.
- Ensure the safe use of Personal Protective Equipment when required.
- Ensure regular cleaning and hygiene within the workplace as per company policies and procedures.
- Have knowledge of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate flexibility, reliability and punctuality through past employment.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced factory environment and show honesty and integrity.
- Have an aptitude to keep attentive for cyclical tasks and ensure a safe and clean work area.
- Have the ability to show initiative and immediately find problems with any materials or processes and act quickly when there is an issue in the process line.
- Have excellent teamwork skills and the ability to work alone without direct supervision.
- Be able to communicate, understand and follow instructions and read, interpret and implement written policies and procedures in English.
- Excellent eye sight (glasses permissible) with good hand-eye coordination is essential.
Rates of pay are as per the Modern Award and shifts will be offered from Monday to Friday.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be able to provide a current Police Check and also any relevant Visa documentation where necessary.